Forum Questions

The following questions have been submitted and answered.  Please click on a question below to view more details.

1. Re-Starts – April 1, 2021

Correct me if I am wrong : a team getting the ball on a re-start must come to a complete stop before the whistle is blown-no running starts. If you check the first video from meeting 1 the D-man pushes the white player from the rear on a loose ball. The white player then picks up the ball running while the official blows his whistle ! The D-man is then penalized for delay of game for not being 5 yards away before making contact. I say the official is wrong for not stopping the white player before blowing it in. You concentrated on the D-man and his actions while missing the initial infraction by the offense which resulted in a penalty.

2. New faceoff mechanic – March 31, 2021

Where can I find the video Keith Glock made so I can review and implement the covid changed faceoff procedure?

3. Meeting #1 – March 31, 2021

Will we be able to view meeting #1 at a later date?

4. Inactive status – January 27, 2021

If I choose to go inactive for the 2021 Boys Highs hook Lacrosse season due to the Pandemic and for health concerns, what is the process for going active again in the future?

Will my dues carry over to another season?

5. Exam – March 12, 2020

Where do I upload my completed exam?

W. Kelly

6. Followup to recent Re-Start Questions – March 7, 2020

Very good questions about scenarios on the Re-Start but let me take it further :
    -both A and B go diving to the ground to be the closest to the ball going out of bounds. "A" is closer and and gets up a is ready to re-start. "B" is still on the
    ground directly in the path of the goal and is within 5 yards. What to do ? Blow it in ?
    -A is ready for re-start but teammate is OOB within 5 yards. What do you do ?
    -in conclusion : if the D-man is within 5 yards at the re-start and in any way interferes it is a Delay of Game 30 second penalty. Correct ?

7. Loss of equipment – March 6, 2020

A1 has possession and is driving toward the goal. a) B1 loses a shoe and continues to play, but is not between A1 and the goal. b) A1 loses a shoe and continues to play, shooting at the goal, which is saved by the goalkeeper. Ruling?

8. RE-STARTS ! – March 4, 2020

Lets clear up the new re-start ! It wasn't so concise at the meeting.
    1) Do we still tell the D-man to give 5 yards before blowing in? Or do we just blow it in and wait and see what happens if the D-man interferes ?
    2) What exactly is interference ? For example : D-man within 5 yds, not in the path to the goal but fakes a body or stick check ( not making contact)
    as the inbounder runs by causing him to slightly veer away. Or this : D-man within 5 yards and inbounder runs by him and the offensive man causes
    contact within the 5 yds start . Or this : D-man is behind the inbounder as the whistle blows and follows offensive man closely behind but does not make
    contact until the 5 yards is passed ?
    3) Quick re-start but a fellow offensive man is within 5 yards. Do you tell him to move or say nothing ?
    4) Quick re-start in crease, D-man is right there at the edge. Do you say anything like in the past or wait and see what happens ?
    5) D-man gives 5 yards on a re-start but his long stick is well within the 5 yds as he is trying to block a possible pass. Do you blow it in ? What happens
    if the long stick blocks the pass but the feet of the D-man are outside 5 yards ?

9. Follow-Up to the Over-and-Back Question – June 2, 2019

I searched for the appropriate rule during the game, and was just closing a window on my phone when I came across this...

4-14-3: ART. 3 . . . Once the ball has been successfully advanced into the goal area, a team is provided the opportunity to run its offense in its offensive half of the field. If the offensive team carries, passes or propels the ball to its defensive half of the field and the offensive team was last in possession, and last touched the ball (except on shot), the result will be an immediate turnover or play-on.

That "except on shot" qualifier confuses me. I guess if the shot carried to Central's Defensive half of the field, then there wouldn't have been Over-and-Back if Central picked it up? I don't know...

What's the meaning or intent of "except on shot?"

Thanks

10. Over…But Not Back – May 31, 2019

At the Group 4 Final.

Central takes a shot that hits the post. Rebound ricocheted to about the 45-yard line in Central's offensive half of the field -- the ball hadn't crossed midfield at that point. Central picks up the ball in their offensive half of the field, then takes the ball across midfield.

The 'C' kills the play, calls Over-and-Back.

Even if the shot was finished -- which didn't appear to be the case -- wouldn't there have had to be another Touch in the Box (by Central) for Over-and-Back to be active?